MISO FTW!! 🥰 I absolutely love this unique Japanese Umami tasting savouriness! This dish is super simple, really nutritious and also very cheap! The only specialist ingredient is the miso paste which you can get from most supermarkets anyway. Enjoy! Adam 🤓
- Rice Ingredients
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper (diced)
- 1 Brown Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 50g Edamame Beans
- 50g Sweetcorn
- 5 Broccoli Florets (quartered if too large)
3 teaspoons Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- Place the rice, water and dark soy sauce in a large saucepan and place on a high heat. Give everything a stir, place the lid on, then bring to the boil and simmer for around 12 minutes until the water has fully absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place a frying pan on a medium heat with the sesame oil. Once the pan is hot enough add the peppers and onions then cook for 8-10 minutes, then add the chopped chilli, edamame beans, sweetcorn and broccoli for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the rice has cooked, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the miso paste, sesame oil and light soy sauce, then mix through.
- Combine the rice with the stir-fry vegetables and serve.