[ RECIPE ] Blueberry & Raspberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble
Serves: 12 Muffins
- The Crumble
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 40g Chopped Almonds
- 30g Protein World Vanilla Vegan Blend
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 190g Plain Flour
- 170g Ground Almonds
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 350ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 40g Frozen Raspberries
- 40g Frozen Blueberries
- 120ml Sunflower Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
Icing Sugar (topping)
- Start by adding all of the crumble ingredients to a large enough mixing bowl then combine everything and set-aside for now.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate large bowl then mix well so that everything is evenly distributed, then add the wet ingredients and continue to mix so that no lumps remain in the batter.
- Line a muffin tray with the muffin cases then pour the batter into a large enough jug and pour into each case. Fill each case very close to the top, then add the crumble topping.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until you insert a knife into the centre of a muffin and it comes out clean.
- When the muffins are cooked leave them out to cool then top with some icing sugar for additional sweetness.