I absolutely love Rosemary! It’s beautifully fragrant and can transform a dish from something ordinary to something really fresh and exciting. I want to share this recipe with you because it is a favourite of mine and very easy to do, especially if you keep the basics in your cupboards, you shouldn’t need to buy many of the ingredients (which is always a plus!).
I’m also sharing this as it’s an Italian recipe and I love Italian food. It’s all about fresh ingredients so make sure you keep that in mind when you’re out shopping. It’s definitely one of my favourite types of cuisine!
- Olive Oil
- 400g Boneless Chicken Thighs (cut into pieces)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Rosemary Sprig (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 75ml Red Wine (or Water)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Serve With: Mixed Potato Mash
- Heat a large casserole dish on a medium heat and add some olive oil.
- After a few minutes add the chicken thigh pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes until browned.
- Remove the chicken thighs onto a side plate then add the rosemary leaves to the casserole dish along with the red onion and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next add the chopped tomatoes, red wine and a good amount of seasoning then return the chicken thigh pieces to the casserole dish along with the additional cherry tomatoes.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the time is up remove the lid and increase the heat if the sauce needs to be reduced, then serve with a mixed potato mash and some salad.