[ RECIPE ] Cookie Dough Protein Bars
Serves: 10 Bars
- 50g Rolled Oats
- 240g Chickpeas (drained)
- 50ml Plant-based Milk (almond or coconut work well)
- 1 scoop Naked Nutrition Pea Protein
- 150g Peanut Butter
- 75g Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 80g Vegan Chocolate Chips
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
- 250g Vegan Dark Chocolate (small chunks)
- 120ml Coconut Cream
- Line a small container or baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the rolled oats and chickpeas into a blender (ideally with the milling blade) and blend for 1 minute until finely mixed into a flour-like texture.
- Next add the milk, protein, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend again for a further minute until a smooth dough is formed (if the ingredients are a little too dry add some extra plant milk).
- Pour the contents into a large enough bowl and add the chocolate chips. Continue to work the mixture with a wooden spoon or clean hands until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place the mixture into the lined container or baking tray, press down on all sides to ensure the top is smooth, then place into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or leave overnight.
- Meanwhile make the ganache by adding the chocolate chunks to a small saucepan over a medium heat alongside the coconut cream. Stir regularly until the contents have fully melted then leave to cool for at least 1 hour.
- When the mixture has cooled pour the contents into a mixing bowl and use an electric whisk to thicken the ganache until it has doubled in size (this usually takes 5-10 minutes) then set-aside.
- When ready, place the cookie dough onto a large enough chopping board then carefully remove the greaseproof paper.
- Slowly pour the ganache over the cookie dough then slice evenly using a sharp knife (the cookie dough bars will store in an airtight container for up to 5 days if kept in the refrigerator)