adapted from Deliciously Ella’s ‘Sweet Potato & Courgette Stew’ recipe
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Aubergine (small dice)
- 1 Courgette (small dice)
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- ½ teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Coconut Milk
- 400g Cannellini Beans (drained)
- 3 Cubes Frozen Spinach (or 100g Fresh)
Serve with Rice
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 200C (conventional) or 220C (fan-assisted). Once hot enough add the sweet potatoes and aubergine to a large roasting tray along with a tablespoon of olive oil, as well as the coriander, cumin, paprika and seasoning. Mix well then place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a casserole dish on a medium-high heat along with an additional teaspoon of olive oil. After a few minutes add the sliced onions and fry for 5-8 minutes until turned golden.
- Next add the garlic, mustard seeds, chilli flakes as well as the cider vinegar and maple syrup. Stir well for 1 minute then add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes (with the lid on) or until the sweet potatoes and aubergines are ready.
- Finally remove the baking tray contents from the oven and add to the casserole pan along with the cannelini beans and spinach. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the frozen spinach is ready, (adjust the seasoning if required) and serve with rice.