Dahl has to be one of the easiest, most straightforward curries to produce. Plus it’s super healthy, full of protein and tastes incredible! ? Most of the ingredients you’re likely to have in stock too with plenty of store-cupboard staples being used! Enjoy – Adam x
- ▪️300g Red Lentils
- ▪️400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- ▪️1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- ▪️Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- ▪️1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ▪️1 Red Chilli (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- ▪️1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- ▪️2 teaspoons Caster Sugar
- ▪️1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder
- ▪️1/4 teaspoon Salt
- ▪️1/4 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- ▪️1/4 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- ▪️Juice of ½ Lemon
- ▪️Handful Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
Serve with Rice & Vegan-friendly Naan
- In a large saucepan add the lentils, chopped tomatoes and turmeric before adding 1 litre of boiling water, seasoning and stirring well. Place on a medium heat and bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 20 minutes. Start to cook the rice at this point.
- With a few minutes remaining heat a casserole dish on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot enough add the chopped chilli and cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
- Carefully ladle the lentils into the casserole dish then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes before serving with the rice and naan.