Way before I could cook for myself, this was one of the first dishes I learnt (although it was from a packet mix!) ever since then this has been one of my all-time favourite dishes. This one is completely vegan and tastes superb! Enjoy!
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Brown Onion (sliced)
- 3 Red or Orange Peppers (sliced)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Purée
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Granules
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Warm Water
- 200g Kidney Beans
- 20g Fresh / Frozen Coriander
- Handful of Fresh / Frozen Sweetcorn
- 200g Refried Beans
- Tortilla Wraps
- Fresh Salsa
- Place a casserole pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions and peppers to the pan along with the seasoning and fry for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Next add the garlic, sugar and tomato purée, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the spice mix ingredients into a separate bowl then add to the pan. Add the warm water, kidney beans and coriander and cook for an additional 15 minutes (add more water if the ingredients are drying up).
- With 5 minutes left, add the sweetcorn to the casserole pan and heat the refried beans in a microwave for 1 minute.
- Finally heat the tortillas and serve with as many serving suggestions you like!