- 1½ Aubergines (diced)
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- Salt & Pepper (to season)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 2cm Fresh Ginger (thumb-sized, finely chopped)
- ½ Red Chilli (de-seeded & finely chopped)
2 teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Purée
- 1 x 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 2 Salad Tomatoes (quartered)
- 400g (1 can) Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- Handful Fresh Parsley (chopped)
serve with couscous or quinoa
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan-assisted). Add the aubergine to a roasting dish along with the paprika and seasoning. Drizzle over the olive oil then roast for 25 minutes turning halfway.
- Meanwhile add the additional tablespoon of olive oil over a large frying pan on a medium-high heat, then add the peppers and onions and fry for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Add the ground cumin, garlic, ginger and chillies and fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the mustard, maple syrup, tomato purée, tinned tomatoes and stock. Mix well and simmer for 15 minutes before adding the salad tomatoes, kidney beans and roasted aubergine for a final 10 minutes. Once reduced top with fresh parsley and serve with couscous or quinoa.