I have been wanting to post this Pesto Chicken recipe for such a long time and have no idea why I haven’t gotten around to it until now. But here it is! So flavourful and very easy to make and only uses a handful of ingredients, the majority of which you’ll already have in your storecupboard and fridge anyway!
The dish is healthy and will certainly serve at least two, usually with plenty of leftovers for another day when you can’t really be bothered in the kitchen (we all have those days!). Enjoy!!
- Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken Thighs (boneless, quartered)
- 2 Bell Peppers (red or yellow, sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 150g Basmati Rice
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 5 tablespoons Pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan on a medium-high heat, then add the chicken thighs. Cook the chicken until browned, usually 4-5 minutes then set-aside on a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the peppers and onion to the pan and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan-assisted and add 20C for conventional).
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry for a minute, then add the tomatoes, stock and rice.
- Return the chicken to the pan, place the lid on top and increase the heat to allow the ingredients to come to the boil.
- Remove the lid from the pan and transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Stir after 10 minutes of cooking to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- After the cooking time is up, check the rice is cooked through, if not return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Once cooked, add the pesto, stir through and serve with a green salad.