It’s been a very busy week for me in terms of fitness training, work and basically just trying to reach the muscle-building goals before hitting the beautiful Italian resort that is Sorrento (literally counting down the days!).
This will be the first time I’ve ever been to Italy and as Italian food is my favourite cuisine of all time, it’s important I go there with a good physique, because I’ve got no idea what I’ll look like when I get back!
The key to ensuring my body is at it’s peak is of course what I eat, as well as the hard work I carry out when I’m lifting those weights at the gym.
I have to ensure I get the right amount of protein to help my muscles recover. One of the ingredients with a high protein content is Beef, and today that’s what I’m bringing you as part of my latest recipe.
Some of you may or may not of heard of a ‘Flat-Iron Steak’ but basically it’s just as tender as the fillet and has plenty of flavour too, but at a quarter of the price! I’m using GoNutrition’s steaks for the recipe as they’re always fresh and taste great and are £3 each!
The sweet potato wedges that the steak is served with have plenty of flavour too and are so good for you.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious dish, it’s so easy to produce and the method is the best way of cooking your steak in my humble opinion. Enjoy!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled & cut into similar sized wedges)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper & Dried Oregano
2 GoNutrition Flat-Iron Steaks (at room temperature)
- 1 Garlic Clove (slightly crushed)
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- Knob of Butter
Serve with a selection of vegetables
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Place the wedges on a baking tray with the olive oil, salt & pepper and other spices and mix thoroughly until the wedges are fully coated and spread out evenly.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway.
- With 10 minutes left heat a large frying pan on a very high heat.
- Add some olive oil directly onto the steaks and sprinkle with freshly ground salt.
- When the pan is very hot add the steaks and pan-fry for 5 minutes (rare) or 7 minutes (medium) - turning every 30 seconds.
- With a few minutes remaining add the butter, rosemary and garlic.
- When the time is up, remove the steaks and leave on a wire rack to rest for 5 minutes then serve with the wedges.