This dish is simple to make yet tastes so fresh and delicious. I’ve made it several times and have never got bored of it. It’s also very economical and there’s usually enough for seconds or leftovers for another day. It has become one of my favourite dishes. Enjoy & Let me know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 300g Arborio Rice
- 500g Tomato Passata
- Large Handful Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 100g Mozzarella
Fresh Basil (to garnish)
- Add the oil to a large casserole dish on a medium-high heat, then add the onion along with some seasoning and fry for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Next add the crushed garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Once you've made the vegetable stock add the rice to the pan and mix well.
- Slowly incorporate the Stock bit by bit ensuring the rice has fully absorbed before adding more.
- Once all the stock has been absorbed add the passata.
- Continue to stir the rice as it can quickly catch at the bottom of the pan and burn, cook for 25-30 minutes until the rice has almost cooked through.
- Once the rice is almost ready add the tomatoes and mozzarella and continue to stir.
- Add some basil and adjust the seasoning if necessary.