Martial arts is a combat workout that existed in ancient times. It involves engaging the entire body to perform technical moves like punches, throws, and kicks. Martial arts is synonymous to fighting. It can be practiced by anyone regardless of the gender of age.
VARIOUS TYPES OF MARTIAL ARTS.
Jujitsu : This is a technique that originated in China and Japan. It involves fighting of two parties at a very close range either for pleasure and fun, a workout or as competition. The secret to this art is straining the opponent’s joints, elbows or knees beyond its normal position. If not done cautiously, this practice can cause serious injury. Chokes and forcing the opponent to the ground are also involved in this art.
Karate :Karate originated from China and is slowly spreading all over the other countries. It involves kicks, punches and hand twists as the defense against the opponent. Use of professional clothes and best martial arts shoes is allowed in this during the practice.
Aikido:Unlike jujitsu, aikido uses less kicking or use of hands and legs. Instead, it involves turning and pushing motions by the use on joint locks.
Judo :Judo originated from Japan. It is a technique that emphasizes more on grasping of the opponent and throwing him or her to the ground for a fight.
Hapkido:It originated from Korea. It involves moves like kicks, punches and joint locks. It allows use of simple harmless weapons like belts and ropes.
Kungfu : This martial art involves strong acrobatic moves like high kicksjumps and flips. The involved parties fight at a very close range and the top secret of the attacker is to use his force against that of the opponent.
Capoeira :This art originated from Brazil. It entails the use of dance acrobatic moves as defense against the opponent.
Krav maga :This technique was invented in Israel and later spread out in different countries. It involves grappling and hand strikes. It allows pick up of ordinary tools around the environment,like sticks and lids for use as defense.
Tai chi :This art originated from China. It entails slow motion postures and movements. Use of weapons like swords is allowed in this during the practice.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MARTIAL ARTS
- Improves a healthy lifestyle. Martial art is an effective workout. Similar to other workouts, calories are burnt down toning the body mass and weight. Burning excess calories in the body protects the body from chronic diseases that are caused by excess cholesterol in the body, improving a healthy lifestyle. This practice also helps the body to acquire a good healthy shape.
- Improves and protects. cardiovascular system. Martial arts are cardio workouts. They are exercises that strain the heart positively. Workouts that strain the heart improves the body’s cardiovascular system.
- Improves body flexibility and balance. Some activities involved in a martial art like jumping and kicking are essential in improving the body’s flexibility. This activities also strengthen the quadriceps muscles making the body more flexible and easy for workouts like sit-ups. During this practice, standing up with one leg is involved. Repetition of this practice helps to maintain body balance.
- Improves blood pressure. Martial art improves cardiovascular strength. This protects the heart and gives it a conducive environment to work efficiently. A well-conditioned heart improves and maintains a normal blood pressure level.
- Prevents premature death. Martial art keeps the body active and energetic throughout. When the body is a active, it releases endorphin. Endorphin is a substance that curbs premature death.
- It improves mental and physical strength. Martial art strengthens the muscles making them tight and tough. Strong muscle brings out a physical body appearance. This technique also involves keeping the body active and free from destruction all through. This relieves one from dairy stress. A stress free environment enhances mental health.
- It impacts good values and skills. During this workout, principles like perseverance, hard work, dedication, and self-discipline are acquired Self defense is also an import value attained as u defend yourself against the opponent. This value makes one confident and able to defend himself even in real life.
Most parents and guardians believe that martial art promotes violence. This is a myth as a martial art has nothing to do with fighting. Instead, it impacts important skills like self-discipline and respect among others. It also adds important health benefits to the body. Just as people value workouts, should value martial arts the same way.