Obsessing over weight loss has become a very common topic of discussion these days. Everyone wants to be size zero or have perfect abs- which is good. Being conscious about health is something which should be encouraged; except that everybody wants it immediately and in a short span of time. A perfect body or figure canbe achieved in a less period of time but it may not be the healthiest option and it comes with a great price.
The weight lost in an instant plan can also bounce back as quickly as it was lost. Losing weight gradually is a slow but safe and permanent solution. But to commence this healthy weight loss, you need to go through a major lifestyle change. A healthy lifestyle is the key to the dream body.
Not everyone can take out much time from their busy schedules to go to gym or yoga or other heavy workouts. And with the uneven and unpredictable routines, it is very difficult for some people to stick to the strict diet plans or detox plans. So here are some amazing ideas that you can implement in your daily schedule, whether it a busy one or unpredictable one:
- Cut the quantity:If you cannot avoid eating from outside because of your work lifestyle, you can at least limit the quantity that you take. Eating in small quantities but on a regular interval after every couple of hours will keep you full and satisfied. It also reduces the craving for junk food. Taking short meals also helps in digestion of food. You should eat till you are satisfied, not till you are full.
- Carry healthy snacks:There is a lot of confusion on what to eat when you are cutting down the portion size and taking more of regular small meals. Instead of grabbing a burger or bagel, try carrying small packets of healthy snacks when you step out of the house. This would hardly take few minutes to pack. And no excuses here, because everything can be available to you with a phone call or a phone app, without you having to go out for snack shopping. Carry small packets of healthy eats like nuts or soya snacks, or even fruits.
- Never miss breakfast:Breakfast is the most essential part of your day. It keeps you active throughout your busy schedule as it is considered a human fuel for the whole day. Eating healthy breakfast reduces the risk of unhealthy snacking and munching. People who eat breakfast daily have much lower BMI’s than people who skips them. Eating breakfast is the perfect way to increase your metabolism rate, which is responsible for burning the calories for the whole day. This is the one healthy habit that you need to adapt in your life as soon as possible. So if you are skipping breakfast next time because you are cutting down calories or you are getting late, just know that you are just adding more of unhealthy calories throughout the day.
- Take health supplements:Health supplements have all the benefits of healthy food, that is why they are considered food only and not medicated supplements. When the nutritional value of body is appropriate, the metabolic rate increases itself and digestion is properly done. Energy is another big aspect of your lifestyle. With great energy, you do the maximum work with your 100% effort and get the best output. But somehow, there are very less number of people who have this spark. Julie Moore from ISAaxcess.ca says that most adults have a dip in energy for two hours after lunch. This leads to a major drop in productivity and deteriorates your health instead of strengthening it.
- Physical activity:The meaning of exercise to some people just means just picking up weights at gym, doing Pilates or running on a treadmill. But being physically active is much more than that. People usually give up on being active by giving the excuse of not able to go to gym due to their busy schedules. You need to think outside the four walls of a gym or yoga class. Going out for a jog or walk in a park boost your energy like nothing else. If you cannot wake up early, or have kids to attend to in the morning, you can take some routinely physical measures like taking the stairs instead of elevator, or fetching a glass of water for yourself and other as well, instead of asking someone to get it for you. You can try and stand more rather than sitting all the time: while talking on the phone or discussing something with a colleague or while you are brainstorming. Counting the steps and setting a bigger target everyday on your phone app or on your smartwatch encourages you to indulge in more physical activities.
- Sleep well: Our sleeping pattern plays a very important role in determining our physical health. A well slept body is more energetic, digests well and is more productive than a sleep deprived body. Your metabolism rate is highly dependent on the number of hours you sleep. Oversleeping is also bad for health. An approximate count of 6-7 hours is perfect for a healthy day. So stop chilling on Netflix or stalking people on Instagram, and get yourself some quality sleep.
- Weigh yourself regularly:Standing on a weighing scale is like standing in front of a mirror- it tells the truth, however harsh it might be. Keeping a check on your weight on a regular basis makes you aware and conscious about your health. Everyone has the tendency to ignore the scale after overeating, but that is the moment when you should weigh yourself, so that you can come back on track the next morning. Being hyped about weighing can also lead to a harmful obsession because people tend to judge themselves on the basis of their weight. But it is never just about numbers, it is all about being healthy.