Inspired by Bosh, their recipe really highlighted to me just how tasty and filling vegan food can be. This recipe has been tweaked from theirs and is my ‘go-to’ stir-fry recipe. You can add many leftover veggies to this and most of the sauces you’re likely to have in-stock anyway! Enjoy! 😎 Adam x
- 2 tablespoons Groundnut Oil
- 100g Shitake Mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Cornflour
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Peppers (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 2cm Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 Spring Onions (chopped)
- Handful of Frozen Peas
- 1 tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
Serve with Rice or Noodles
- Add the mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of the cornflour to a small bowl and mix well to coat.
- Add Groundnut Oil to a large frying pan and set on a medium heat.
- Once hot enough, add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until crisp, then set-aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper and add back to the heat.
- Heat the sesame oil and then add the peppers and red onions, cook until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, peas and sugar.
- Mix half a teaspoon of water with the remaining cornflour in a separate small bowl.
- Add the dark soy, rice wine vinegar and chilli sauce to the bowl and mix well before pouring into the frying pan.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve alongside the rice or noodles.