As you’ll see below, today I’m bringing you this mouthwatering recipe that is soooo simple to put together and can be on the table ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes (even for someone with little experience in the kitchen).
It involves one pan, a few ingredients, some spices, passata, mixed through and you’re pretty much there.
This dish really does make a delicious evening meal (although I had it for lunch!) and is packed full of protein. I’ve used Gold Standard Nutrition’s Lean Beef Mince which is a perfect combination for this recipe. You can pick it up right here, along with plenty of other exciting ingredients to fulfil your fitness goals.
Just a warning, the dish can get a little messy so it’s probably best to avoid it for any first dates you’re trying to impress! Oh and make sure you’ve got lots of kitchen roll at the ready 🙂
- 400g Lean Turkey Mince or Quorn Mince
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper (diced)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Paste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soft Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Barbecue Sauce
- 200ml Passata
- 200g Red Kidney Beans
- Tin of Pineapple Chunks
- Heat a large casserole dish or frying pan on a medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- Add the mince and pepper for a few minutes to soften, then add the chopped onions and season.
- Once the mince has browned and the peppers and onions have softened (around 6-8 minutes) add the chipotle paste, spices, barbecue sauce, passata & sugar, then mix well.
- Leave to simmer for around 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- During the final 5 minutes add the pineapple chunks and continue to simmer.
- Prepare the tortilla wraps, soft taco shells and/or rice and serve.