Pancakes truly are a delicious treat and when you combine them with something sweet, there really is no comparison! (at least for me anyway!).
I’m all about the healthy eating but even I don’t wait until Pancake Tuesday to enjoy them! You can use a number of different fruit combinations to make these delicious simple pancakes which are really easy to make. My advice is to have the batter mixture right next to the frying pan to avoid too much mess!
Some other general advice here is to make sure the batter is lump free (aside from the lumps of fruit that is!) this will ensure the pancake is cooked evenly on each side.
Makes 10 Pancakes | Prep 20 Mins | Cooking 30 Mins
- ▪️200g Self-raising Flour
- ▪️1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ▪️Pinch of Salt
- ▪️1 Egg (beaten)
- ▪️300ml Whole Milk
- ▪️20g Unsalted Butter
- ▪️Chopped Fruit(s)
- ▪️1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, then make a well in the centre.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a jug then slowly pour into the well of the flour mix.Using a hand whisk, mix the ingredients until you form a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Melt the butter on a low heat then and add it to the batter along with the fruit.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and then add 3 tablespoons of the batter to the centre of the pan.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to a low temperature and add a plate. This will ensure the pancakes stay warm whilst the others are being made.