Lately I’ve had a real craving for seaweed.
The salty, savoury taste of a healthy superfood can really go a long way in recipes and can be added to a number of different kinds of foods such as soups, laksa, curries, casseroles etc.
And it IS a superfood!
Seaweed is packed with vitamins and minerals without anything artificial added. In fact there’s pretty much nothing that’s bad about it.
Some of the benefits include helping to clear the skin and enhance eyesight, as well as cleansing the digestive tract and so much more.
Recently I teamed up with Atlantic Kitchen who pride themselves on obtaining the freshest, healthiest seaweed in an ethical manner so that it remains sustainable for future generations.
They sent out three different seaweed products which were:-
- Sea Spaghetti
Today’s dish is cooked with the Wakame variety and provides a real tasty addition to the 5-spice and honey flavourings.
Let me know your thoughts!
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cumberland Sausages (sliced)
- 150g Chicken Thighs (sliced)
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 teaspoons 5-Spice Powder
- 75g Basmati Rice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Handful of Button Mushrooms
- 5 Roasted Jarred Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Runny Honey
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- Portion of Wakame Seaweed
- Season the sausage and chicken pieces with the freshly ground pepper and 5-spice.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once heated, add the sausages and chicken pieces and cook for 18-20 minutes or until ready.
- After a few minutes of cooking heat a separate saucepan on a medium-heat and cook the rice according to packet instructions, along with an extra teaspoon of 5-spice powder and the salt.
- With a few minutes left of frying add the remaining ingredients to the pan and then serve with the rice.