These are my favourite roast potatoes! The key is to cook the potatoes in the flavoured stock over a long period of time. They’ll absorb all the flavourings and taste superb – The stuffed tomatoes are also really tasty and completely vegan too! Enjoy! x
GREEK ROASTED POTATO INGREDIENTS
- ▪️1kg Maris Piper Potatoes (peeled & thickly chopped)
- ▪️Olive Oil
- ▪️Juice of 1 Lemon
- ▪️1 Large Garlic Clove (crushed)
- ▪️3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ▪️250ml Vegetable Stock
- ▪️1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ▪️Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
STUFFED TOMATO INGREDIENTS
- ▪️4 Beef Tomatoes
- ▪️1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ▪️1 Onion (diced)
- ▪️1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- ▪️2 tablespoons Tomato Purée
- ▪️1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- ▪️100g Rice
- ▪️1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ▪️200ml Vegetable Stock
- ▪️Handful Chopped Parsley (chopped)
- ▪️Handful Fresh Mint (chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large enough roasting tray then add the potatoes.
- In a measuring jug, mix together the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, stock and oregano, then pour over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, fully cover with foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes (after the time is up, remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 45 minutes alongside the tomatoes).
- Slice the tops of the tomatoes and set-aside, then carefully cut around the edge of the inside of each tomato and then use a teaspoon to remove the flesh and place in a bowl (making a cut into the flesh like a cross will help to scoop the flesh out).
- Place a casserole dish on a medium heat and fry the onions until softened, then add the garlic and tomato flesh and continue to fry for a further few minutes.
- Next add the tomato purée, oregano, rice, cinnamon and stock then simmer for 10 minutes or until the rice is slightly cooked (you may need to add additional stock).
- Add the fresh herbs then fill each hollowed tomato with the cooked rice mixture and place each one in a roasting tin with it's lid on, cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes alongside the roasted potatoes. When ready add an additional drizzle of olive oil over the tomatoes and serve.