There’s nothing I love more than a delicious peanut sauce coating crispy tofu, veggies and the really thin noodles! 😆 Today’s recipe is exactly that and is completely vegan too! 💚 Enjoy! Adam x
- ▪️200g Firm Tofu (cut into small chunks)
- ▪️1 tablespoon Turmeric
- ▪️1 tablespoon Groundnut Oil
- ▪️1 Courgette (diced)
- ▪️1 Pepper (diced)
- ▪️2 Carrots (cut into strips)
- ▪️200g Chestnut Mushrooms (sliced)
- ▪️3 Spring Onions (sliced)
- ▪️1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- ▪️2 tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- ▪️50g Smooth Peanut Butter
- ▪️50g Coconut / Almond Milk
- ▪️3 tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- ▪️1 tablespoon Agave Syrup
- ▪️Squeeze of 1 Lime
- ▪️ Rice Noodles
- ▪️Fresh Coriander
- In a small bowl add the tofu pieces and turmeric, carefully mix well to combine, then set-aside for now.
- Meanwhile heat a wok or large frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil. Once hot add the courgette, pepper and carrots. Fry for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Next add the mushrooms, spring onions, chilli flakes and soy sauce and continue to fry.
- In a separate frying pan add some additional oil along with the tofu chunks and cook until slightly firm, turning regularly (around 10 minutes).
- Whilst everything is cooking, make the peanut sauce by heating a small saucepan on a medium-high heat and adding the peanut butter. Once melted add the remaining ingredients and stir (add additional water to loosen if required). At this point cook the noodles according to packet instructions.
- Once everything is ready, combine the tofu with the vegetable ingredients and add the peanut sauce. Stir everything well, top with fresh coriander and serve.