- 2 Small Aubergines (cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper (for additional seasoning)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1½ Red or Yellow Peppers (cut into small chunks)
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Purée
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Paste
- ½ tablespoon Siracha
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Tin Black Beans (drained)
- 250ml Water
- 4 tablespoons Tahini
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Small bunch of Coriander
- Small bunch of Fresh Mint
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 80ml Water
Serve with Couscous and top with Pine Nuts and additional Fresh Mint leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Place the aubergine chunks onto a large enough baking tray and add the olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper then mix well to combine. Once the oven is hot enough add the tray and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add some additional olive oil. Add the peppers and onions and fry for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Next add the garlic for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients (not the mint sauce ingredients). Simmer gently for 20 minutes then combine with the cooked aubergine chunks and stir well.
- Finally add the sauce ingredients to a blender and blitz for 5-10 seconds.