I feel like it’s been a good while since I’ve last had the pleasure of sharing a recipe with you. What a busy September it’s been for me.
I’ve been involved with a lot of gym activity, fitness-tracker testing, walking, exercising, cooking etc but it’s nice to be back sharing a brand new healthy recipe that I’m sure you’ll really enjoy making.
It’s amazing just how adaptable salads can be.
You can put almost anything in them and more or less most of them will be nutritious and taste great too. It’s just about experimenting with flavours, spices and ingredients and before you know it you’ll get used to eating this way.
This recipe is no different. It combines simple vegetables, store cupboard staples and a few spices and it tastes great.
I’ve used Gold Standard Nutrition’s already-cooked steamed chicken fillets as they taste great and once you slice them up, you simply add them to the pan to heat through with the rest of the ingredients.
Let me know your thoughts as always and enjoy the rest of your week 🙂
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (peeled & cut into chunks)
- Olive Oil
- 2 Gold Standard Nutrition Chicken Breasts (sliced)
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes (quartered)
- 3-4 Roasted Red/Yellow Peppers (halved)
- 200g Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Start by boiling the sweet potato chunks on a medium-high heat for 15 minutes until soft.
- With 5 minutes left heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat, then add the sliced chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers and kidney beans along with the paprika, herbes de provence and chilli powder and cook everything for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile drain the sweet potato chunks and add them to the frying pan.
- Add a handful of the spinach leaves to two large bowls and then add the frying pan contents and serve.