- 2 Small Aubergines (cut into small chunks)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper (for additional seasoning)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1½ Red or Yellow Peppers (cut into small chunks)
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Purée
- 1 tablespoon Harissa Paste
- ½ tablespoon Siracha
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 Tin Black Beans (drained)
- 250ml Water
Tahini Mint Dressing
- 4 tablespoons Tahini
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Small bunch of Coriander
- Small bunch of Fresh Mint
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 80ml Water
Serve with Couscous and top with Pine Nuts and additional Fresh Mint leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Place the aubergine chunks onto a large enough baking tray and add the olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper then mix well to combine. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, place a large saucepan on a medium heat and add the additional olive oil. Add the peppers and onions and fry for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Next, add the garlic and fry for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients (not the mint sauce ingredients). Simmer gently for 20 minutes then combine with the cooked aubergine chunks and stir well.
- Finally add the dressing ingredients to a blender and blitz for 5-10 seconds. Serve the harissa veggies with cous-cous, then pour over the tahini mint dressing to finish.