Hey Food&Fitness Always people!
Finally a day off from my usual 9-5 routine and the first thing I planned on doing was share with you guys this really delicious recipe using Gold Standard Nutrition’s Pulled Pork.
Currently it’s priced at £3.75 and the amount you actually get could easily be spread across 4-5 different dishes or servings. Just bulk it out with some pulses, veggies and some carbs.
Now I’ve made pulled pork from scratch. I’m talking 3-4 hours of very slow-roasting and tender loving care, and it’s absolutely fine to do that if you’ve got the time to do so.
As much as I love the final results, it’s not something I get to enjoy all that often due to the sheer time and dedication that goes into it.
So this really is a great alternative from Gold Standard Nutrition as it brings together all of that pulled pork in one simple packet that you just open, spread out across a baking tray and re-heat for 10-15 minutes. Job done.
Once it’s been cooked through, you can create sandwiches, burgers, wraps etc but you’ve got to try it with this latest recipe, ‘Pulled Pork & Chorizo Hash’. It combines the smokiness of the paprika along with the other spices and really enhances the pulled pork. It’s topped off with some spring onions and some fruity habanero sauce to finish.
Simple. Nutritious. Delicious.
- 50g New Potatoes (quartered)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 100g Chorizo (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 400g Gold Standard Nutrition's Pulled Pork
- 1 Spring Onion (finely chopped)
- Serve with: Fruity Habanero Sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C for conventional (200C fan-assisted).
- Empty the contents of the pulled pork into a small baking tray then spread it out evenly.
- Place into the oven for 12 minutes.
- Boil the kettle and place the potatoes into a large enough saucepan on a medium-high heat.
- Once the water has boiled add it to the pan, place the lid on and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place a medium-sized frying pan on a medium heat along with the olive oil, then add the sliced red onions, crushed garlic and chorizo. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Drain the new potatoes and add them to the frying pan along with the turmeric, paprika and ground coriander, and stir well.
- Remove the pulled pork from the oven and then pour into the frying pan and mix well, ensuring everything is fully coated in the spices.
- Sprinkle over the finely chopped spring onions and serve right away with some habanero chilli sauce.