Finally it’s Friday! A chance to unwind from actual work, watch some football, cook and photograph some new dishes and try to avoid spending all my money in one afternoon!
I think if I keep busy and throw myself into various projects I’ll somehow manage to avoid the shops.
Weekends for me provide an opportunity to really work hard on a variety of new recipes that can then be published during the week.
So if the weekend is unproductive, it often continues into the week ahead.
To avoid the latter from happening I need to have that energy that’s often sucked out of me during those busy week days.
I need some kind of energy-booster and quite often a smoothie bowl such as the one I’m introducing today is just the ticket.
This Pomegranate Chia Seed Smoothie Bowl is packed with energy-boosting content as well as a solid amount of protein from the Chia seeds.
It’s quick to put together and you can vary your own toppings with whatever you’ve got left in the store cupboard.
I know I often find little bags of seeds and nuts hiding somewhere around the house to get rid of.
So enjoy the smoothie bowl and have a great weekend 🙂
- 200g Fresh Raspberries
- 4 tablespoons Natural Fat-Free Yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons Runny Honey
- ½ Pomegranate Seeds (plus extra for topping)
- 2 Orange Segments (plus extra for topping)
- Handful of Chia Seeds
- Add the raspberries, yoghurt, honey, pomegranate seeds and orange segments to a blender.
- Pulse for 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a small bowl and add an additional tablespoon of yoghurt.
- Top with chia seeds along with extra pomegranate seeds and orange segments.