I have been wanting to post this Pesto Tofu recipe for such a long time and have no idea why I haven’t gotten around to it until now. But here it is! So flavourful and very easy to make and only uses a handful of ingredients, the majority of which you’ll already have in your storecupboard and fridge anyway!
The dish is healthy and will certainly serve at least two, usually with plenty of leftovers for another day when you can’t really be bothered in the kitchen (we all have those days!). Enjoy!!
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 200g Tofu (drained & crumbled into small pieces)
- 2 Red or Yellow Peppers (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
- 400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 400ml Vegetable Stock
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 80g Frozen Sweetcorn
- 3 tablespoons Vegan-Friendly Green Pesto
- Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pan on a medium-high heat then add the crumbled tofu, peppers and onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes until softened. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Next add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute before adding the tomatoes, stock, rice and sweetcorn.
- Add the pesto and mix everything through then transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked. If the contents are drying out add some additional boiling water and cook further until ready.
- Serve with additional pesto and enjoy!