Is it really November already? How is it possible that every year I seem to get through actually gets shorter and shorter?
It makes me want to make the most of every single day and for me that’s writing on my blog, going to the gym and spending time with the people I care about. Because life is short and so important.
A big part of my life is being active and I do this for too many reasons to mention here. To name a few though, it makes me feel good knowing I’m working towards my goals and I also love challenging myself and pushing my body to it’s limits.
What are your reasons for being active?
Today I’m bringing you a delicious recipe that’s healthy and very easy to put together. I’ve once again teamed up with Gold Standard Nutrition who provide some of the tastiest and most convenient ingredients I use for my dishes.
In this case it’s their Steam Cooked Chicken and you simply take one or two out the night before to defrost, and in the morning or that evening it’s ready for your return.
This Miso Chicken recipe I’m sure you’ll love just as much as I do 🙂
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
Fine Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Miso Paste
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Gold Standard Chicken (chopped)
- Place a large saucepan on a high heat along with the rice, cold water, some salt and the dark soy sauce, then bring to the boil.
- Once the rice is boiling reduce the temperature to low so that it simmers gently for 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of simmering heat a small frying pan with some olive oil on a medium-high heat, then add the green beans.
- When the time is up remove the saucepan from the heat and add the miso paste, sesame oil, light soy sauce and mix through with a folk or wooden spoon.
- Add the green beans along with the chicken pieces to the saucepan, mix through and serve.