As you know I absolutely adore Mexican food. It’s exciting and incredibly tasty without spending hours and hours in the kitchen.
Today’s dish was inspired from Tom Kerridge and combines MuscleFood’s chicken thighs to create this delicious dish that anybody can make.
The sauce is rich with a slight kick and combines really well with the freshness of the guacamole and salsa. Just a warning though, you’ll more than likely need plenty of napkins as it can get messy once you bite into one of the taco shells!
Totally worth it though!
- 8 Bone-In Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- 90g American Yellow Mustard
- 120g Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Pinch of Dried Chilli Flakes
- Handful of Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
Serve with Fresh Salsa & Soft Taco Shells
- In a casserole dish mix together the mustard, ketchup, spices and vinegar and add 100ml water along with the chicken thighs.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C (140C fan-assisted) and once pre-heated add the casserole dish (with the lid on) and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the guacamole ingredients together in a large enough bowl and set-aside.
- With approximately 15 minutes of the cooking time remaining place a small frying pan on a medium-high heat and add some olive oil.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook until softened, then set-aside in another bowl.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and place the chicken thighs on a large plate, then with two forks pull the chicken off the bone and return it to the casserole dish. Mix well with the sauce.
- Place the soft taco shells in the microwave for 30 seconds and stuff each shell with enough pulled chicken, guacamole, fresh salsa and some peppers & onions then serve.