This is the recipe of the dish I made for my first-ever dinner party, it’s fairly straightforward to make, even if you have limited experience in the kitchen. It can be adapted for serving less than 4 people if needed. The dish is authentic, flavourful and a little spicy with an aromatic sauce to serve. It’s one of my favourites! Enjoy!
- The Marinade
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies (deseeded)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
400g MuscleFood Chicken Thighs (sliced)
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 Red Pepper (diced)
- 6 Salad Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 250ml Chicken Stock
- 5cm Fresh Root Ginger (finely chopped)
- Bunch of Coriander (finely chopped)
Serve with Basmati Rice & Mango Chutney
- Place the marinade ingredients into a pestle and mortar and mix well until a paste is formed.
- Pour the curry paste all over the chicken pieces and, if you have time, place in the fridge for up to an hour.
- When ready add the rapeseed oil into a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat and once hot enough add the marinated chicken and cook for 12 minutes or until browned, then remove and set-aside on a large enough plate.
- Next add the onions and peppers to the same casserole dish and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and chopped ginger then bring to the boil with the lid on, then remove lid and reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- After the time is up, if the sauce is still watery remove the lid, along with the chicken pieces and increase the heat. Continue to stir regularly and once your sauce is ready, return the chicken and stir through. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and stir in the coriander.
- Serve with Rice & Mango Chutney