The New Year is just around the corner. In just a few days, most of us will make new year resolutions. And the most common one is to work out more. We often find our new year fitness goals going down the drain after the initial burst of productiveness.
Why do people hate working out? Well, most people think exercise is too monotonous and boring. But it does not have to be like that. There are many ways to make working out a fun experience. Here are just some of the ways you can mix up your fitness routine to get that perfectly toned body.
- Get a buddy: Getting out of bed early in the morning for a jog can be a drag. But you know what they say: misery loves company. Ask a friend to become your gym bud and tag along on your gym trips. Not only will a buddy keeps you in check, but they will also motivate you to show up every day. And if you both fail miserably, then at least you will fail together.
- Crank it up: There is a reason why workout playlists are so popular amongst gym-goers. The right song can make you do that absolute last push up or sprint for the final kilometer. Please don’t take our word for it; just believe the research to back it all up. According to people at the National Academy of Sports Medicine, song lyrics can reinforce your workout steps with feature words like run and kick. So, channel your inner Rocky Balboa, crank up Eye of the Tiger, and run up some stairs.
- Work out at home: Who wants to make a whole song and dance about going to the gym when they can work out in their pajamas? Make working out less complicated and more fun by exercising in PJs. Moreover, you will have one less reason to skip out on your daily workout. What’s more, you won’t have to worry about things like looking cute while exercising since you won’t have anyone to impress. So, do that vertical workout at home and make all the funny exercise faces you want. No one is looking, we promise.
- Get nice workout clothes: Clothes make the man. So if you are working out in ratty shorts and t-shirts, then there’s no wonder you hate going to the gym. Invest in some good quality fitness outfits for an instant refresh. Not only will a new kit motivate you to exercise more, but it will also keep your spirits high. Get new shoes too, and stay stylish and fit.
- Mix it up: Doing the same routine every day can get boring and monotonous, which is why you should mix it up. So if you run on the treadmill every day, mix it up by going for an outdoor run. Or you can try new classes as well. Not only will this make things more exciting for you, but it will also help you make new friends. Group exercises are great for motivation. Furthermore, an instructor can help you with your form as well. Try out a Zumba class to destress and boost coordination.
- Catch up on your shows: You can get through your workout if you don’t think about how much it hurts. Download episodes of your favorite show on your phone and then jump on a treadmill or mechanical bike. Remember to pack some headphones to avoid embarrassing incidents. This way, you’ll look forward to your gym visits since you will be dying to know what happens next in your shows.
- Use an app: Fitness apps are game-changers for people looking to get out of a fitness rut. They track your progress and monitor your dietary habits for an overall view of things. Moreover, some apps have great blogs and forums with stellar advice and tips about diet and workouts. For instance, MyFitnessPal is a personal favorite since it has almost every type and brand of food in the database.
Workout routines are never a problem. The problem lies in how we handle them. However, various options are mentioned above to ease bring fun to your exercise sessions. Moreover, the main thing is to take things as they come. Don’t try to hurry your transformation by shifting things into high gear. Try new things like Zumba or home workouts to discover what works best for you, and you are good to go.