Hey Food&Fitness Always people!
It’s Friday and my favourite day of the week! Why? Well it’s the anticipation of what lies ahead with the weekend to follow.
I was off yesterday but working hard tomorrow instead. Despite this though it’s a bank holiday weekend so I’ll at least get my full 2 days anyway!
I’m sat here after 2 solid days worth of workouts and body is killing me. Yet there’s no rest-bite as I’ve got the Slendertone on the go, and to anyone who’s never used an abs belt like this before, do not underestimate the power it has!
I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve brought you a new recipe and this one was adapted from Tesco’s June Magazine (a magazine I’ll deliberately go into Tesco to pick up!) and considering it’s free, it’s full of useful information, recipe ideas and general food/ingredients-based knowledge.
I love Gammon, ever since I was a young nipper (a long time ago now!) and the dijon mustard-honey combination is a perfect marinade to really add to the flavour of the gammon itself.
The recipe only has two elements to deal with, the crushed potato contents and the Gammon itself, so it’s fairly straightforward. Finished off with a pineapple on top for added juiciness, you really can’t go wrong!
Hope you like it anyway and that you all have a wonderful long weekend!
- 250g New Potatoes (halved)
- 200g Fine Green Beans
- Table Salt
- 2 Unsmoked Gammon Steaks
- 2 tablespoons Clear Honey
- 4 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Salted Butter
- 5 Chives (very finely diced)
- Fresh or Tinned Pineapple
- Pre-heat the grill to a high setting and then boil a full kettle.
- Add the new potatoes to a large enough saucepan along with the boiling water on a medium-high setting. Cook for 20 minutes.
- With 5 minutes remaining of the cooking time add the green beans.
- Meanwhile add the honey and dijon mustard to a small bowl then brush the mixture over the gammon steaks on both sides.
- Cut slightly into the fat of the gammon to avoid it curling whilst cooking.
- Grill the gammon steaks for 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile drain the new potatoes and green beans then return to the saucepan. Add the butter and chives then lightly crush the contents.
- Place the pan contents onto serving plates with a gammon steak on top of each, along with a pineapple ring.