To make your essay writing on healthy eating easier, we have asked professional academic writers from WriteMyPaperHub.com to share their expert tips on the matter. Let’s take a closer look!
Write about the basic principles of healthy eating
The design of any diet and the formation of an effective nutrition system should be based on several basic principles that are simultaneously relevant for all methods:
- long period of use, and best of all – throughout life;
- observance of proper diet;
- the caloric content of food must correspond to the energy expenditure of a person in order to ensure the normal saturation of the body – without excess;
- variety of menus;
- balance between the needs of the body and the nutrients contained in the food.
Elaborate on nutrition techniques
- Small portions for lunch. Many believe that the main rule in the diet is not to overeat at night. And during breakfast and lunch, supposedly you can eat in any quantities. Breakfast really has to be nutritious and even high-calorie in order to “fill up” the body for the whole day, to charge it with energy. But the portions during the morning meal and lunch need not be too large. It is not necessary to immediately cut back the amount of the daily calorie intake. You can even not reduce the number of dishes. It is important to reduce the portions themselves, to make them a half to two times less. But again – not immediately, but gradually reduce the amount of food consumed, while listening to the body and watching the general state. Good advice – get up from the table a little hungry, but do not abuse it. Yet the body must receive the necessary amount of nutrients. Therefore, the main thing – to build on the caloric content of the product while reducing portions.
- Fractional nutrition. For good nutrition, it is advisable to eat not two or three times a day, but more, at least 5-6. But in a fractional diet, it is important to eat in small portions. Then whatever you eat, you will have time to get hungry, and the metabolism will work properly. This will help set up the digestive system and make your body less “heavy.” The dinner should be the most light and low-calorie.
- Breakfast, breakfast and more breakfast. You can not leave home without having breakfast. It is in the morning that you can afford different goodies, because the metabolism is especially active. But at the same time, do not abuse bakery and confectionery. The perfect breakfast consists of animal protein, cereals (without sugar) and vegetables. You can eat more eggs, make an omelet, and add a salad of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, greens. Oatmeal is especially rich in nutrients that will strengthen the digestion and give a charge of energy for the whole day. It is better for lovers of pasta not to postpone their favorite dish for the evening, but to feast on it in the morning, in order not to suffer from excess weight.
- Fruits and vegetables – indispensable dietary products. In order not to complain about persistent problems with digestion, you need to eat vegetables and fruits every day. They nourish the body with important carbohydrates, saturate with minerals. This is good protection against cardiovascular diseases. And they are components of the diet for cancer prevention.
- Vegetables consumed adequately will never cause any trouble. The cooking method is important. The best is the consumption of raw or steaming, as well as baking. Best vegetables include lunch. You can also have dinner with these products, but it is better not to eat fruits after lunch. They contain a lot of acids that will only whet the appetite, which is undesirable by night, as well as sugar, which makes them rather high in calories. Ideal for fruits – eat them before noon.
- Water in large quantities. Sometimes having an intense thirst, it seems to us that this is an attack of hunger. In fact, you just need to avoid dehydration, and then you realize that you can eat a lot less food. The more you drink water, the better for the body. But it is also important to know how to drink water. It is not recommended to drink too cold water, as it is harmful to the stomach and the whole body. Drink slowly, in small sips. Water can be drunk with lemon juice – for better digestion of food.