Hey everyone, I hope you’re enjoying the start of the Summer, wherever you may be! Here in the UK it’s been start-stop-start-stop which is why Sorrento, Italy can’t come soon enough for me!
I’m doing my utmost best to push every gym session to the limits and squeeze out that extra definition wherever possible to look good on that beach!
Whatever drives and motivates you is personal to who you are and what you want to achieve, the main thing is that it does have an impact on how you train.
As well as being motivated at the gym, it’s important to focus on what you’re eating too. The better choices you make in and around the kitchen over a prolonged period of time, will directly impact on your goals. Healthy eating and lifestyle usually has a bigger impact than the training itself.
I’ve been trying to drive that message across to the ‘fitfam’ community for almost 2 years now (wow time really does fly!) and I think many are aware of the importance of choosing the right products when out shopping, what the healthy snacks are and what to avoid.
It goes beyond that though. You can easily revert back to poor eating habits if you don’t plan ahead and know what you’re going to be cooking.
I like to think I can help in this way by bringing you dishes that aren’t difficult to prepare but are healthy, filling and taste really great, and today is no exception! I’m bringing you “Grilled Turkey Steak with Sautéed Potatoes”.
You prepare the turkey steak in advance by making the marinade and pouring it into a bag and making a few cuts so that the flavour gets right into the turkey and compliments it beautifully. I’m using GoNutrition’s Turkey Breast Steaks which contain very little fat and plenty of protein.
Enjoy the dish as well as a great Summer!
- 1 Go Nutrition Turkey Breast Steak
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- 50ml Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
3 New Potatoes (sliced evenly)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Red/Green Pepper (sliced)
- First prepare the turkey breast steak by making small cuts into it and adding salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Add all of the marinade ingredients into a large enough freezer bag and add the turkey breast.
- Ensure the bag is tightly closed and leave in the fridge for as long as possible, up to 24 hours if you have time.
- When you're ready to eat, pre-heat the grill to 200C and add the turkey steak, reserving the marinade from the bag.
- Cook for 20 minutes and turn at the halfway point.
- Meanwhile boil the sliced potatoes for 10 minutes then drain.
- Heat a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Once the pan is hot enough add the sliced potatoes and peppers along with some seasoning, cook for 5-8 minutes, turning the potatoes over once so they are cooked evenly on both sides.
- Remove the turkey steak from the grill and pour over the remaining marinade, then place back under the grill for a final 2 minutes. Serve with a mixed salad.