So all this week I’ve been on the 4pm til 10pm shifts and although it sucks I can’t have the evening to chill-out and watch Coronation Street, Geordie Shore etc (bit of a difference I know!) it does give me more time to create new recipes in the mornings/afternoons.
I came up with this very easy recipe with the idea of having a combination of oriental ingredients that really compliment one another into a sticky and delicious marinade. The longer the chicken is left in the marinade, the more flavourful the dish will become.
The dish is quick and easy to make and can be enjoyed with a few people or on your own (if you’ve got plenty of afternoon time to kill!) here’s what you’ll need:
– 3 x Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thighs (per person)
– 1tbsp x Clear Honey– Vegetables i.e. 1x Pepper, 1x Large Tomato
– Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil
and for the marinade:
– 2tsp x Vegetable Oil
– 2tbsp x Dark Soy Sauce
– 3tbsp x Shaoxing Rice Wine– 3cm x Fresh Root Ginger (finely sliced)
– 2x Garlic Cloves
1. Start by slashing the chicken thighs a few times, half way through.
2. Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper.
3. Prepare the marinade by mixing the ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Place the chicken inside the bowl and ensure they are fully coated. Leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes if possible.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan-assisted) or 220C (conventional oven).
6. Chop the vegetables into large chunks, coat with a little oil and place on a shallow baking tray.
7. Place the chicken on the same tray and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
8. With about 3 minutes left for cooking, remove the tray and add the honey over the chicken.
8. Serve with rice or more vegetables!