It’s Thursday already! Where do the days and the weeks really go?!
I always think to myself that if you don’t make yourself some kind of plan or set yourself some goals, that before long another month/year/decade will pass and you’ll wonder where it all really went?
But time is passing by and for me that means stepping things up with more recipes, posts, motivation and fitness articles to bring you guys.
I want Food&Fitness Always to be a place to bring you exciting recipes, healthy recipes, classics and so much more, and that’s certainly going to be the plan over this year and beyond.
Today there’s a tasty treat for you to try and definitely enjoy.
The recipe only requires 4 ingredients and, like many bakes, is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
I love the slight gooeyness in the middle of the flapjacks, almost as if they’ve been under-baked, but don’t worry about that. Once the edges start to become golden and the time is up, feel confident in the knowledge that they are indeed baked!
This is the basic, stripped-down version of the Flapjack, but feel free to experiment with dried fruits and changing the golden syrup with other liquids such as Maple Syrup.
Let me know your thoughts as always and don’t forget to subscribe to the new Weekly Newsletter!
- 240g Unsalted Butter (cut into chunks)
- 225g Golden Syrup
- 180g Demerara Sugar
- 350g Rolled Oats
- Heat a large saucepan on a medium heat and gently melt the butter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C (fan-assisted).
- Once the butter has almost all melted add the syrup and sugar and lightly mix with a balloon whisk.
- Add the rolled oats and mix well with a wooden spoon to fully combine.
- Pour the mixture out into a square, non-stick brownie tin and flatten with the back of a metal spoon so that it's spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then leave to cool for a further 20 minutes before turning it out onto a wooden board for dividing.