You would think being on later shifts this week would allow me plenty of time to come up with new dishes, cook and photograph them with enough time before having to rush off to work!
Sadly no matter how organised I feel I am in the kitchen, there’s always something extra to do. Whether that’s setting up the tripod, designing the set, washing up or putting the cutlery out, there’s always something more besides the cooking & photographing parts.
I shouldn’t complain though because I wouldn’t have it any other way.
All of that rushing between the hours of 10am to 11am to produce a recipe that actually only takes 15 minutes is worth it when I get to this point of writing it up and hitting that ‘Publish’ button.
Despite me hearing the screams of the lady next door trying to get her young child ready for school, not even that can impact on the joy I have of sharing new dishes with you food-fitness fanatics (jeez these walls are thin!).
This recipe is another one of those quick, simple & very nutritious dishes. The curry flavour really combines well with the eggs and it’s bound to keep you fuller for longer.
Feel free to add more eggs or salmon if you’re cooking for a larger crowd.
(ahh she’s finally gone and I can STILL hear her from the street!)
Anyway I hope you enjoy this delicious dish as much as I did once I eventually sat down to eat it!
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 6 Chestnut Mushrooms (quartered)
- 200g Baby Spinach
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Curry Powder
- 4 Eggs (beaten)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C (200C fan-assisted).
- Place the salmon into some foil and season, then fold up the edges of the foil to form a parcel around the salmon.
- Add the salmon parcel to a baking tray with some water underneath and then place into the oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Next add the olive oil to a large frying pan on a medium-high heat and add the tomatoes & mushrooms with some seasoning.
- After a few minutes add the baby spinach and continue to cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle the turmeric and curry powder over the vegetables then add the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and carefully flake it apart.
- Add the contents of the frying pan onto warm plates and sprinkle over the flaked salmon with some extra ground pepper.