After the popularity of the Strawberry & Lime Flavoured Water that was published just under a month ago, I thought I’d start to expand this range of recipes. After all, there’s costly drinks out there that contain colourings and plenty of sugars, it’s about time the natural, home-made drinks got a look in! With this being said, if you do prefer sparkling water and want to give people the option at parties as to what drinks they want, maybe something like DRY cucumber bubbly would be a good shout. And it’s non alcoholic, so it’ll also be refreshing in the summer months too!
The great thing about these flavoured waters is that not only are they natural and taste great, they’re also very cost effective, as once your jug is empty just refill it and return it to the fridge for another helping! You can do this 2 or 3 times before you’d need to change the ingredients over, definitely a win in saving you money.
This particular flavoured-water is so refreshing and a real favourite of mine. It is also very useful for a detox as the cucumber has many cleansing properties. Enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– A Jug (large enough for 3-4 servings)
– Ice (cubed or crushed)
– 4 Slices of Cucumber
– 1 x Lime (sliced)
– Handful of Fresh Mint Leaves
1. Place the mint leaves in the jug and, with a pestle, lightly bruise the mint so that their oils start to release (you’ll notice this when the bottom of the pestle is slightly wet to touch).
2. Add the sliced cucumber and squeeze in a quarter of a lime (reserve the remaining wedges).
3. Add the ice, then fill the jug with water and top with the remaining lime.
4. Place in the fridge and leave for at least 30 minutes for the flavours of the ingredients to infuse with the water.