Every time I’m offered some kind of protein shake I get asked the question ‘what flavour would you like?’ my answer always seems to be ‘Chocolate’ like I’m the most stubborn person out there who won’t try anything new!
But to be honest it’s because the quality always seems to be there when it comes to USN’s chocolate range, whether it’s their Essentials protein, their ISO-GRO or, in this case, their Premium Whey range. So I’ve been happy to just stick with that option.
Another reason is that it’s very adaptable to bake with and doesn’t divert too much from the intended flavour I’ve tried to create.
Today I’ve teamed up with USN once more to create an incredibly indulgent protein bar that you’ll definitely want to try out!
I even recorded a ‘quick recipe’ video that you can check out on my Instagram page!
USN are currently promoting their 100% Premium Whey Protein and on Friday 7th October it will be at a much-reduced price of £15.99 for a 908g tub, and £25.99 for a 2.28kg one. Which for a high-quality protein I would say is definitely worth trying out
For more details click here for their full range of offers.
Let me know your thoughts on the protein bars anyway and try not to eat them all at once!
- 175g Unsalted Butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 200g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten)
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tablespoons Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 2 Scoops USN Premium Whey
- 100g White Chocolate Chunks
- 5 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 100g Milk Chocolate (cut into chunks)
- Start by measuring out all the ingredients in advance then grease a 20cm square baking tin using some additional butter.
- Add the sugars and butter to a large mixing bowl and then add the vanilla extract.
- Using an electric whisk beat the ingredients until they become smooth.
- Next add the beaten eggs, little by little and continue to whisk throughout.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, as well as a pinch of table salt and continue to mix until a dough is formed.
- Add the milk, whey protein and white chocolate chunks and mix until the ingredients are well-mixed.
- At this point pre-heat the oven to 180C (conventional) or 160C (fan-assisted).
- Spoon half the mixture into the greased baking tin and spread it out as evenly as possible so that it reaches the corners.
- Add the peanut butter and then top with the remaining mixture and again spread this out.
- Cook in the oven for 20-22 minutes - you can insert a knife into the centre to test if it's ready and if it comes out without any crumbs on simply leave it to cool (don't worry if it's slightly under-cooked as it will continue to cook a little after it's been taken out).
- As it continues to cool melt the milk chocolate chunks inside a glass bowl over boiling water then drizzle the melted chocolate over the baking tin and once fully cooled divide into bars.