Hey everyone, first of all let me apologise for the lack of recipes over these past 10 days or so.
There were a few hiccups/delays/problems/issues regarding my much-anticipated camera upgrade to the Nikon D800.
I’ve been using Camera Jungle for some time now regarding pre-owned lenses and wanted to use them again for the incredible pre-owned version of the Nikon D800, a camera with a huge 36 megapixels.
Unfortunately the first camera that they sent had some strange memory card green light reader that would decide to light up even after the camera had been switched off.
It had to go back and to be fair to them, they were very good about the whole situation with excellent communication and understanding throughout the whole experience.
Finally my new camera arrived and I wanted to put it straight to work with the new and improved ‘Chicken Fajitas’ recipe in association with GoNutrition, who deliver an extensive range of ingredients at their website.
This is a dish for all occasions and I’ve included some avocado in the ingredients list too (as I love it!).
So I am back now and I plan on continuing to bring you not only great, original recipes, but also interesting articles from myself and some of my friends in the food and fitness world.
Have a lovely weekend,
- 2 GoNutrition Chicken Breasts (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 6 Baby Portobello Mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 Red Peppers (sliced)
- ½ Red Chilli (deseeded & finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 Ripe Avocado (peeled & cut into chunks)
- Handful of Fresh Coriander (top with)
- 200g Fresh Salsa (serve with)
- Tortillas (serve with)
- Start by slicing the chicken breast fillets and sprinkle over the cumin, coriander and smoked paprika ensuring all of the chicken is coated well. Leave to the side whilst you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat a large frying pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil on a medium-high heat.
- After a few minutes add the coated chicken pieces and fry for 8 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened add the tomato puree and mix in well with the lime juice.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and top with the avocado chunks and fresh coriander.
- Serve with fresh salsa and warm tortillas.