When you miss a gym session or go a few days without posting a recipe, it feels like forever and yet it’s only been a few days!
Despite that I’m glad to be back bringing you guys recipes that will boost energy levels, provide great nutrition and pack in plenty of protein.
With that in mind I’m bringing you these delicious Buckwheat & Nut Protein Cups that are filled with everything you’ll need for a healthy snack during those hungry periods or as a nutritional breakfast that will slowly release energy throughout your morning.
As you can see from the photo below, this recipe has one of USN’s newest energy bars known as ‘Nature’s Energy Bar’. It is packed with 8.5g protein to keep your body fuelled and your muscles ready and is so convenient.
It’s also packed with a really peanutty flavour that you’ll just adore.
Although you have to soak the overnights overnight, the rest of the recipe takes almost no time at all. All you need is a blender and some kind of cup or glass to pour it into.
It will also keep in the fridge for up to 2 days providing it’s kept in an air-tight container.
So enjoy this energy-packed and very nutritious recipe and to find out more about the USN Energy Bars I have used click here.
- 50g Buckwheat
- ½ Banana (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Cashew Butter
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Runny Honey
- Handful of Blueberries
- Dried Fruit
- 1 Granola or Protein Bar (crumbled)
- Place the buckwheat in a small bowl and pour around 100ml of water to cover it, then leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the buckwheat and pour into a sieve then rinse through with cold running water until it runs clear.
- Add the buckwheat to a blender along with the cashew butter, almond milk, honey, blueberries and half the granola or protein bar, then pulse for 15-20 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the contents into a large enough glass and top with additional blueberries, dried fruit and the remainder of the chopped granola/protein bar.