Water is the basic necessity of life. Without it, none of us would be able to survive. The side-effects of consuming an insufficient water become apparent within a couple of hours. These effects emphasise the importance of water and show why it’s so vital for all living things.
Water should not be consumed scantily, but according to the recommended daily intake, as its health benefits far exceed our imagination. The advantages of drinking water are never-ending. Here are four proven ways in which water boosts our health.
- Water helps maintain the balance of our body fluids
Our bodies are made up of 60% water, so you can imagine the role water plays in our bodily functions. Water fuels fundamental system functions like circulation, absorption, digestion, regulation of body temperature and the absorption of essential nutrients. Your brain sends a signal to your mouth and gives it a “thirsty feeling” when the kidney is lacking water.
- Water helps control mounting calories
Drinking a significant amount of water has been a favourite strategy of weight and diet conscious individuals for years. Substituting high calorie beverages with water is one of the few ways you can fuel weight loss and control the calories going into your system.
The consumption of water rich foods like fruits and vegetables helps control hunger pangs by giving you a feeling of being full. Also, drinking a full glass of water right before you have a meal will help your stomach feel full before you start eating.
- Purified water fulfils your body’s mineral requirements
Water doesn’t only consist of H2O molecules, it also has minerals that are required to enhance body functions. But, you should be aware of what type of water is better for your body. Drinking purified water that has been cleaned of all contaminants such as pesticides and chlorine is the right way to go about boosting your health.
Water that’s been purified by purification systems installed in your home and/or office will provide you with the same benefits, but will also mean that you’re not consuming any impurities that could impact your health. If you need a water purification system installing, one company worth looking into is Sweetwater who can recommend which system you need by considering the area you live in and the current contaminants present in your tap water. You can find out more about Sweetwater on their website cleanairpurewater.com/.
- Drinking water can be a substitute for medicine
Various ailments can be healed by drinking a sufficient amount of water. There are also many illnesses that can be prevented if you make it a habit to consume the recommended daily intake of water.
Some of these disorders include:
- Insomnia: Your brain needs water for the production of melatonin that helps you fall asleep. Fuelling your body with water helps fight off those sleepless nights and results in a peaceful sleep devoid of interruptions.
- Arthritis and Joint Issues: Consuming the right amount of water will help deal with and prevent these two ailments, as water acts as a lubricant for your joints.
- Depression: Serotonin is required by the brain which can’t be produced if there is insufficient water being supplied to your body.
As well as these four ways through which water boosts your health, there are many other advantages associated with its consumption. Consuming water should be an unmissable part of your schedule and carrying a water bottle wherever you go will help you tune in to drinking water regularly.